May 6, 2017
Marine Corps Base (MCB) Quantico is known as the Crossroads of the Marine Corps and it is also home to some amazing mountain bike trails. As MCB Quantico celebrates its Centennial, the Quantico Mountain Bike Club (QMTB) in partnership with the Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS) Quantico will host the Quantico Centennial Epic: An Epic Mountain Bike Ride and Trail Festival on May 6, 2017. The goal of this event is to showcase the incredible and unique riding opportunities available on MCB Quantico. This event will include course options for 50, 30, 28, and 16 miles. Courses will cover the Main Side Trail Systems as well as the restricted access Officer Candidate School (OCS) Training Grounds and be supported with multiple full service aid stations. Each course will provide riders a unique riding experience including some sweet singletrack, a healthy dose of gravel grinding, a touch of paved connectors and some amazing views throughout the base. To round out the experience, each rider will be treated to a post ride party including food, beverages, music, and some unique opportunities for rider recognition. The Quantico Centennial Epic will be the first Epic ride on MCB Quantico, so all participants are officially Plankowners and will receive unique event items only offered for this event.
Your Entry Includes:
· Quantico Centennial Epic T-shirt. (Guaranteed through Pre-registration only - 15 April)
· Quantico Centennial Epic Plankowner Plank crafted from Quantico Hardwoods (Guaranteed to the First 200 participants).
· Choice of 4 unique course options (50, 30, 28, and 16 miles) to meet your experience level and endurance. All courses will include:
- Bike Shop supported aid stations
- Epic course map (will be emailed to registered riders)
- Uniquely marked trails for each course.
- Sweepers & staffed first-aid center with a certified First Aid Responder
· Opportunity to be recognized as a Montezuma’s Mountain Master for successfully completing several challenging climbing sections throughout the course (50 mile course only)
· Post-ride party with music
· Free meal ticket to your choice of available food options after your ride
· Two free beers or alternate available beverage after your ride
· An opportunity to meet new riders while exploring one of the best kept secrets in Northern Virginia.